Time!

7:18 PM

I decided that if I could just manufacture more time, then that would solve a lot of problems in my life.

I recently noted that I'm really busy, and usually my life comes down to this simple decision:

Do I want to do "this," or do I want sleep?

Usually, sleep trumps everything, even if it's something I know I have to get done.

I'm not a sleepaholic, nor am I the type who needs 18 hours of sleep a night. However, I once read that between the 3 things-- eating right, exercising, and sleeping-- if you had to choose one to NOT skimp on, it would be sleep. It's so important. Without sleep, we don't think clearly, make the right decisions, or find ourselves physically able to make good decisions regarding eating, exercising, or anything else.

So I take it pretty seriously-- and I have also adopted the motto for it that I also have with eating-- "Listen to your body." If we are healthy and functioning at a normal level, it is really quite simple. Am I exhausted? I need to get to bed. Am I starving? I need to eat. Am I still hungry after a meal? I need more protein or fiber. Am I full? Stop eating-- step away from the chocolate cake-- step away...

The first words out of my mouth in the morning are, "I don't want to get out of bed." (I usually say that to either one of my cats, who is snuggled up and purring right beside me, which is why I am running late most mornings.) Eventually and reluctantly, I roll out of my nice warm abyss between the sheets and quickly wrap myself up in the fleece robe that has been deposited onto my bedroom floor from the morning before. It's hard to get going but once I do, I run full speed ahead.


So the only solution is to add 2-3 more hours to each day. How about 26 hour days? Or 28 hour days?

Anyone else with me?

Be back soon-- T

You Might Also Like

0 comments