Pancakes!

1:31 PM

This week has been crazy. I have only had time to sleep, eat, and work-- and to top it off, I was fighting off a stomach bug all week. It lasted for 4 days, but I'm in the clear now. Fortunately, it wasn't super-severe, but it did make me reach exhaustion much quicker and every meal consisted of chicken noodle soup and oyster crackers.

Last night was the company Christmas party, so a large part of my week was dedicated to prep... including all of yesterday! It was a special evening and a wonderful celebration. Fortunately, my stomach was mostly mended by then so I was able to enjoy a delicious steak dinner and 2 mini cheesecakes for dessert... peanut butter cup, of course, and a festive peppermint.

On this mild December morning, I decided not to do anything but relax. So I laid in bed extra long and skipped my aerobic dance class at the gym. I stayed in my PJs until noon, played my Pandora Christmas station and looked up a new recipe for pancakes.




I'll share it with you, because they were SO good. I wanted to find a protein-packed and "clean" way to make the batter. Here is the recipe with pictures...

Ingredients:
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 egg
1/2 cup flour (use whole wheat, or I substituted 1/2 of this for oats)
1 t baking soda
*I added cinnamon and chia seeds to my batter

Mix together the yogurt & egg

In a separate bowl, mix the flour/oat mixture with the baking soda

Combine wet & dry mix-- and I added some cinnamon :)

Because I am obsessed with chia seeds, I added those as well! An excellent source of fiber and protein.

They make a nice "mini" pancake. The batter is quite fluffy!

Meanwhile, I brewed a cup of Pike's Place...

End result. Delicious! I topped mine with strawberries, raspberries, and honey. I have also seen another recipe that mixes in fresh blueberries. You could add bananas, chocolate chips, or whatever you wish to the batter. Make it your own!


Be back soon :) T


You Might Also Like

0 comments