My Comeback

9:48 PM

I have been staging a comeback for quite some time. I recently heard that the best way to organize your house was to take everything through the "joy" test. For example, if you need to get rid of a bunch of things, you hold them up and say, "Is this practical? Do I use it?" If not-- "Does it bring me joy?" If yes-- keep it. If no-- toss it.

That concept has been floating around in my mind lately, because I used to write all the time. And writing DOES bring me joy. So why don't I do it? Because life is busy, and I allow other things to crowd my time to the exclusion of something that brings me joy. So I am boycotting the non-joy items and am going to carve out more time for writing, which HOPEFULLY means I will keep up with this blog more.

Right now, it's a quarter to midnight, my house is a disastrous explosion around me and I'm tired. So I am going to go to bed, but I wanted to post something because a worthwhile journey starts with one small step. Sorry for the cheesy (and somewhat butchered) quote, but my brain is running on fumes.

Until next time.....which my goal is TOMORROW.... T

I leave you with Christmas-splendor-kitty...


You Might Also Like

0 comments