March Madness

10:08 AM

This post isn't about basketball... it just seemed like an appropriate title. However, speaking of which, I have been getting into it this year. And now that I have a husband who can explain to me what on earth is going on (I've never been one for sports), the games are actually enjoyable to watch.

So moving on... life in Wisco hasn't changed much since the last time we talked, and unfortunately I don't have a lot to update on. HOWEVER, I do have tons of pictures. I've been trying to do a better job at capturing life with my "nice camera" (i.e. not just the iPhone), so you can journey with me through pictures. As long as you don't mind excess pictures of the interior of our home, Ryan, and the cats. Because those are my main subjects to photograph right now ;)

Once the weather gets nicer, I plan on getting outdoors more and capturing nature and the happenings of Madison. Until then...

These are succulents that I took out of my bridal bouquet :)

I love succulents!!

YEA for SPRING!!!

This little guy is my favorite. How cute is he with his hat.

A very special day!

Color color color :)

Our office room-- and also the room from where I work from home (when I'm not at a coffee shop!)

Our finished bedroom! I love how it turned out.


That "I Am His" sign fit perfectly over our bed!

Also... the chair I already had... which also matched perfectly!! And I love our "K," made special for my personal shower by my talented sister.

A special wedding gift from some special people!!

Lily :P

:)

They love to hide under the bed. Not cool... it's VERY difficult to retrieve them and they know it!

All my brooches

Oh.... sunlight. My mom made this pillow- it was a gift one year for Christmas :)

I've had this lamp shade forever. Ordered it special from Etsy when I moved into my little house in Morton several years ago. I love it's ruffly-ness :)

Had to ;)


The amazing hair piece my mom made for me for the wedding... I love it.

Lily, doing her morning yoga

Hallway. It's so fun to have our pictures up on the walls!

I love these little kitty measuring cups!

Also, these canisters, which I decided to mix & match from 2 different places. They're perfect for holding flour, sugar, coffee, and candy.

Fun tea towels that we got as wedding gifts... a beetle and some cats... people know me well!

The place I now call home :)

Spring is on the way, I just KNOW it! Ryan makes fun of me as I habitually check the weather app and am continually frustrated that the forecast seems to never change from clouds and 40s-50s. "It's only March," he says, as a true Wisconsin native, as I jealously check the Central IL forecast which is usually 10 degrees warmer. However, there is one positive here, and that is this: this summer, when it's 80 degrees here and perfect, I won't be so jealous of the horrifyingly humid conditions in Central IL ;)

My more comfortable work station ;)


A dessert-of-the-week feature... chocolate chip butterscotch cookie bars with cream cheese frosting.

For real. They make Fiesta cat bowls. And let me tell you something-- my cats LOVE them! I'm pretty sure this is the only place they drink their water from-- probably because I keep it a lot fresher than their alternative option, which is in the basement storage room :P

Taking a pic with Isabel. She was thrilled.

My sad little orchid that is dying a slow and painful death. I refuse to remove it from my kitchen counter until the last flower bud has fallen. This feels like Beauty and the Beast...

Haha. She totally thinks that bed is hers.


So one night, I was driving home and this amazing crescent moon was gracing the sky. I ran inside, grabbed my camera, and went outside to photograph it. However, it was so low in the sky that I couldn't get the right angle. So I got in my car and drove around our neighborhood for the next 20+ minutes, never finding a place high enough or a view where I could see the moon. Upon my return home, the moon had sunk far below the horizon and had disappeared :( Cue next night-- another clear evening with a high moon-- hooray! So I finally got my shot. That was kind of a long story and not very interesting. Sorry if you read that whole thing...

Ryan's "why are you taking my picture" face

Haha... a rare moment in Lily-Isabel history! Sharing a bed!!!

Lily looks a little perturbed... 

My logical, puzzle-solving husband :)

Saturday morning Greek yogurt pancakes... yum!!!

Apparently I need to work on my flipping skills, but hey, my motto has always been, it all tastes the same!

The cats aren't allowed to get on the kitchen counters, so this is where Isabel hangs out-- on the stool, pouting.

My lunch one day.

Do you see our latest bookshelf accessory? ;)

Bedtime snack. (The cereal, not the catnip ;) A staple on the nights we don't have popcorn. 
Ryan, testing out a "standing-up" work station
  

A must every morning... coffee. Notice my audience in the background again :D


My crack these days. Protein balls... peanut butter, honey, chia & flax, oats and chocolate chips... it seriously tastes like you're eating cookie dough. Minus the chance of getting Salmonella.

Had to get one with Lily, too :) Here we are on St. Patrick's Day.

I'm sure Ryan will be thrilled, but I had to post this-- the before & after Ryan haircut. His hair grows so long so fast! And aside from his identical smile, I think he looks like a totally different person when he gets it cut! CRAZY!
More to come... stay tuned.

T

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh! A peek into you life! Your home is so darling and creatively decorated! I love all your little touches . . . . I want to come stay at the Knepp B&B . . . do you have any openings?

    I like R's haircut!

    ReplyDelete