Spring-Ready!

2:51 PM

Hello from Wisconsin!

I am liking life here up North... minus the lack of Spring time. I basically check weather.com every day and pray that the 10-day forecast has miraculously changed from 40s and cloudy to 60s and sunny, but alas... it's usually the former. I know weather seems like a pretty futile thing, but for me it's a big deal. My mood very much depends on the weather of the day... gray, cloudy days make me feel tired, sleepy and melancholy, while sunnier days naturally infuse joy into my life. I know it sounds silly, but it's just how I operate.

Aside from the Spring-time blues (it's coming, I know it is!!)... I am enjoying married life. I am getting very excited to start biking around here. I keep hearing about how awesome it is. There are literally trails everywhere. You could get to anywhere you want to go via bike. It will be so fun to bike downtown on summer evenings for dinner, or just as a fun afternoon activity. Also, with the start of warmer weather comes the Saturday morning farmer's markets, the Wednesday evening orchestra in the park, the colorful Union Terrace chairs and water activities, and the ability to just go downtown and walk around. I can't wait!

A few things I am learning about married life:

1) It's SO nice to have companionship. It is something I have never had before, so I didn't know how I would adjust. But I really like it :) it's one of my favorite aspects of my new married life!

2) Learned lessons from past relationships have made me stronger in this one. I cannot say enough about all of the people God has brought into my life at various seasons... whether it's someone who has been there my whole life, or was there for a short season, or has waxed and waned throughout... all of them have been meaningful in some way, and I have always learned a lot about life, about relationships, and about myself. All of this has gone a long way in preparing me for this-- my most important earthly relationship.

3) Getting married when you're older rocks. No, I'm serious. For all those years that I remained single, ever wondering if my day would come... I wouldn't trade them in for anything. Ryan and I found each other at the perfect time for both of us, and being older and established when you tie the knot has its definite perks. We may have missed out on the "early 20s and finding ourselves" stage with each other, and I know there are positive elements in growing together through that. But being able to merge two lives that are relatively established with jobs, a house, and common lifestyle has been so amazing!

4) I love to get the mail. Seems TOTALLY arbitrary to this list, doesn't it? But I don't think it's a coincidence. There's something about going to the mail box and shuffling through all the mail-- even if most of it is ads or junk on a particular day-- is fun. I get to see my new name at my new address, and all of the bills, cards, and invitations are a symbol of the new life we share together. Furthermore, it's always fun to get a nice note from friends and family-- when you live away, it's a nice perk to my day!

5) It's an adventure. I realize I'm just 3 months in, but I've lived long enough to know life throws you curve balls. We as humans plan our steps, but God establishes our way... and it's not always what we had in mind. All of this to say, whether we're in a year of good and plenty, where life is jolly and everything is fun and exciting... or we're in the throes of pain, facing loss or heartache or a challenge-- God is there as pilot of the adventure. We have a new mission, as two who have become one, to follow His leading. And with that comes the natural joys and sorrows of life... which is the exciting part! I love knowing that as I look ahead into my future, no matter what comes, my husband is by my side-- someone else who loves the Lord first, and loves and supports me as a wife.

Time for some pictures.

The sky one evening...

Right outside our front door. So pretty!

A candy bouquet made with our favorite candy, given to us by some friends here in Madison. So sweet!

 Of course, the TMNT is for Ryan :)

New large orchid for the kitchen table! To replace my dead one :(

The cats are taking over our house! :D

OK, so this new place called Cat Cafe Mad opened up downtown. It's a "coffee shop" (really, you just get a drink of coffee, hot chocolate or soda) with a ton of cats that you can play with. So fun!

I loved it. I visited their opening week and they had quite a few people!

 Cat Heaven!

So many cat lovers all in one room




The lady in the middle worked there-- she would bring out cats from the back and was very helpful and informative.

All cats love laser pointers!!

Haha... this cat's like, "Please, let me turn my head for this picture... my right is my best side."

It even had a "cat walk"

Ready to pounce!
 

Back home. From a cat's POV

Let us out!

Anytime we have an open box sitting around, Isabel is in it.

Ryan, checking out his new TMNT candy

A seemingly familiar sight...

Self-portrait

Some dried flowers from my bridal bouquet.

I'm still getting used to my new last name. BUT, I will say it's weird to see my old name written out... so that must mean I am getting more used to it.

A book recommended to us, that it would change the way we read the Bible. So far, I really like it.

I took these pictures after the Maundy Thursday service we attended at church-- the weekend before Easter. Ice storm!!!


A wintry wonderland.

Back in Central IL for Easter. Things are in bloom there!


 Tillie is ready for the Easter Egg Hunt!
 

I love this kid :)
 

The little people hunt in the front yard
 

The girls love to take his picture with their Polaroid!
 

Big kid hunt in the back-- they're getting so old I could cry.
 

My pretty sisters!
 

I think the favorite Easter gift this year was the emojis.
 

Happy 1st Easter!
 

Some after-dinner basketball
 

Our annual girls shot!
 

Celebrating Spring birthdays
 

Easter Celebration #2 on Easter Sunday-- my mother-in-law's beautiful table
 

She knows me well :)
 

Easter Sunday
 

Headed home.
 

Be back soon!

T

You Might Also Like

0 comments