An Engaging Time

6:40 PM

I have been wanting to update for awhile, for a couple of reasons-- first, because I don't update nearly enough. And second, because I want to be better about sharing little tidbits here and there and also how God is working in my life, especially once I move away.

So here we are. I am an engaged woman and if you had asked me at the very beginning of last January if I was going to be engaged & planning a wedding by Fall, I would have said NO WAY! But because we serve a God who has a timetable all His own, I am not left that surprised. Just like any other big "first steps" in life that I have anticipated (first day of Jr. High, learning to drive a car, moving away and attending college, first job interview, starting my own business, etc.)-- as daunting as some things may seem, I am always prepared for that next step when it comes, and it unfolds so naturally. God has an interesting way of preparing one's heart. He knows the relationships that will grow and challenge you, the situations that will test your Faith, and the timing that ties it all together.

To anyone reading this who is "waiting" on something to be fulfilled in their life-- I know how wonderfully frustrating that last paragraph can sound. December 2014 Taryn would have read something like that and reacted, "That sounds great, but it's easy for her to say. She's on the other side and everything worked out." But deep down, even if that flippant attitude would surface in me from time to time, I still knew the Truth... I knew that regardless of how God chose to fulfill the desires of my heart, He would do it perfectly, even if that meant never getting married. And I trusted Him in that. So my encouragement is that even if all you have is merely a speckle of that Faith-- just hold onto it. God is faithful and He will come through.

The past month has been packed with wedding planning before my mom went on her month-long trip to Australia and New Zealand. She planned this trip-of-a-lifetime with her friend last January, long before anything had really transpired in my love life ;) and so she is currently several time zones away enjoying Australia in the Spring. I am so excited for this opportunity she has and can't wait to hear about the many adventures she will have!

Fortunately, we were able to get a lot accomplished before she left, which essentially gives me the "month off" while she's gone. But not really. It's more so a break from the wedding planning, but time still marches on which means I need to be somewhat productive considering I'll be moving away in 4 months and beginning life as a married person. This means taking care of my little house, starting to go through all the "stuff" in my garage, and continuing to brainstorm and stay inspired so we can dive back into wedding plans as soon as my mom returns.

It seems like at any time in my life, if I am tuned in enough, there is usually something in particular God is trying to tell me. And right now, He's saying, "Taryn, be patient." I have a tendency to forget about the past and live in the future, all while missing the present. The "what will be" has always seemed more exciting to me than the "what is." Don't get me wrong-- I love where I am at in life right now. There's no place I'd rather be than engaged to Ryan. But if I'm not careful, I can very easily become impatient and allow the future to trump the specialness of the present.

 
And let's be honest. January 9th will be here before I know it, and then I'll look back and think, "How did this go by so quickly?" I have a lot to look forward to in the coming months. I've already had several friends and family members tell me, "Taryn, just enjoy it." So lately, I've been working on enjoying the moment for the sake of the moment. This is typically difficult for me to do, since my mind is usually 10 steps ahead. But I've already seen the positive in slowing down and recognizing what I have each day-- my health, my family, my friends, my fiance, my job, and all the little details that surround those things.

This is enough for now-- I'll be back soon enough with another update. It may or may not include the awesomeness of the Pumpkin Festival.

Love you all--

T


You Might Also Like

1 comments