Summer is in Full Swing & the Second Trimester

6:43 AM

They call the second trimester the "honeymoon phase" for a reason.

For me, the best is happening right now. At the start of my second trimester, I was so relieved to be out of the nausea that anything felt better than what I was experiencing. However, the belly does a lot of stretching and growing during this time, and my body was feeling it! My stomach felt like it was stretching apart, and I had to make sure I didn't eat too much in one sitting or else I would be totally miserable.

I am almost 25 weeks along now, and can say that I am feeling great. I am so thankful for that! I'm well past the crumminess of the first trimester, and I feel like my belly has settled into a place of familiarity (although I know it still has much more growing to do in the months ahead... trying to prepare myself, and my wardrobe, for this!)

I am also realizing just how big of a miracle pregnancy is. It seems the further along I get, the more I stand in wonder of this process. Sometimes, I just stare at baby boy's sonogram picture and ache to meet him now. I look at his cute little profile, the curve of his nose, the familiar outline of his lips, and although I'm sure he'll come out looking a bit differently in a few months, I still can't wait to study his features on this side of my womb and snuggle with him. It's so fascinating to me that this is our child-- Ryan and I's-- that he came from the two of us. Feeling him move around and kick inside my tummy is equally amazing. Whether it's a jab, a flutter or a tap, his movements are a constant reminder of his presence and that I love him so much already!

Life has been busy outside of pregnancy, and will only continue to stay busy this summer. I'm thankful for that, since this pregnant mama will need to pass the hot summer days somehow! Here's a little review of the past couple months in the life of T and Ryan and Baby BOY Knepp... enjoy the recap.

In late April, my parents came to visit for a long weekend while Ryan had a business trip. We had fun going downtown for the Farmer's Market, eating out, and doing some things around our house.

My parents helped me finish up our living room decor, which I wanted to get finished before we started working on the baby room. I'm so happy with how it turned out!

We spend SO much more time in here now-- we love this space!

We headed back to Central IL for a quick Saturday trip one weekend to help celebrate Molly's birthday...

...and to see Gretchen & Joel and Miri!

In the month of May, we did not have more than two days in a row of dry weather and yet we were somehow still behind our monthly averages for rain (yes, I'm a weather nerd). I struggled! I was hoping for a more Spring-like May, and instead it was very rainy and cold. However, we did have a few sunny days, and this was one of them. We planted our flowers and I was able to put some happy blooms out on our back deck, which is my favorite place to hang out!


This cat... if she lived outside, I'm certain she would leap into the air and kill birds everyday. She's really something!

On the Friday before Mother's Day, we had my 20 week sonogram and got to find out the gender of our baby! I could hardly contain my patience and excitement as this day approached! It was so special to be in the room together during the anatomy scan and while finding out that baby was a BOY! So very exciting. My mother's intuition was correct; I was thinking "boy" all along. Another favorite part was getting some sweet pictures of his face!

On Mother's Day weekend, we announced the news to both of our families by eating cupcakes filled with blue icing :) These were delicious cinnamon roll cupcakes, compliments of Tammy Woodmancy / Cake Crumbs Unlimited, who was also the baker behind the scrumptious cakes of many flavors that I had at our wedding!

We did a Saturday morning breakfast with my family, and as everyone arrived, they wrote down their guesses for girl or boy...

Getting ready to bite into the cupcakes...

Finding out!

Baby's first silkie :)

:)


On Saturday afternoon, we visited Twigs Market and had an Eli's treat!

The whole Kaiser clan... on Saturday night, we went out for Mother's Day at the Publik House, and...

Of course, had to get some ice cream at Emack & Bolio's


On Sunday afternoon, we told the Knepp family

It's a boy!


Happy Mother's Day!

We enjoyed dinner at Thyme that evening

Ryan had a business trip to Fresno the next week, so I tagged along and put in some serious pool time ;)

Visiting the Chaffee Fresno Zoo... loved the cheetahs!

We drove an hour north for a couple days and visited the majesty of Yosemite National Park!

Right in front of the lower Yosemite Falls... cold and wet!

We took a bus tour up to Glacier Valley Point and had some amazing views! In the background here is Half Dome

And some Glacier Valley goodness

We spent the last day by the pool...

And enjoyed an In-N-Out burger before catching our plane

Over Memorial Day weekend, we went to the Knepp Reunion and had fun together attending as a whole family!

Sunday afternoon cookout with campfire pies!

Love these people!

Market on Moss with Tillie Sue and my delicious iced latte!

My mom's pretty garden

Kaiser sisters

Memorial Day! We had a cookout with my family and then walked up to DQ before hitting the road back to Madison

Doing my part to celebrate National Donut Day a few days late at Dough Baby Bakery

We got my brother & sister-in-law's old crib, so I freshened it up with a coat of white paint. We are just finishing up painting the nursery now-- I can't wait to see it all come together.

Love this succulent Ryan got for me for Mother's Day!

And I'll close with the current status of my bump! I am actually 25 weeks along this weekend... the last week of my second trimester! So crazy!!

Until next time...

T

You Might Also Like

0 comments