Why Time Flies // Summer & Fall Update

9:17 PM

It's time for another update. Words first, pictures later.

Where does the time go, anyway? I don't know.

Ryan sent me this link awhile back, and it helps to explain the phenomenon we all experience as we get older-- that of time going seemingly faster each and every year.

I can remember "summer vacation" feeling like an eternity when I was a kid. Now, the summer months run by me in what feels like the space of a week.

Check it out by clicking here...

Crazy, isn't it! I'm no math extraordinaire, but the percentages in this theory make sense.

Anyway, that's my way of making an excuse as to why I haven't updated in several months ;)

This Summer
It has been lovely, but to be repetitive, it just flew by. I can't believe it's almost October, to be honest (tomorrow!) As I wrote about in my last post, Madison in the Summer is a lot of fun. While Fall time announces the inevitable brutal WI winter ahead, I am actually looking forward to being here for the first time to experience Madison in the Fall. I hear it's beautiful. I guess I've also seen it, too... but that was just for a weekend last year. Now I get to live here and see the trees change into millions of colors and make some time on the weekends to get out and enjoy it.

Back to the summer... it was a fun mix of family & friends visiting Madison, Ryan & I heading back to Central IL for family events, a trip with his family to the Creation Museum / Ark Encounter, and several weekends back here just relaxing and hanging with friends. The great thing about living around here is that I feel like every time we go out, there is always a new place to try for dinner! In fact, I started a running list because I keep hearing about new places! As a girl who loves adventure, experiencing new places, and of course-- eating-- this has been great! It's also nice to find our local favorites, as well as places we can take family & friends when they come visit. We also purchased a new vehicle! This meant I had to say good-bye to my beloved beetle... more sentiments will be included with the pictures.

What's Ahead
I'm also not looking forward to early snow and freezing cold temps, but we have a couple trips planned for this Fall/Winter. We are really going to have fun out West at the end of this year!

For starters, several months ago we planned a trip for end of October to head out to Arizona. I have so many fun childhood memories there over the years of visiting my family and staying in the cabin up North in Oak Creek Canyon. I also have planned a couple of fun girls trips in the past so know all the best places to eat, shop, hike, and be entertained! So I thought it would be fun to take Ryan out that way. We'll stay with my aunt & uncle and also enjoy the cabin for a few days. I can't wait!

We also talked about planning an anniversary trip, and after settling on California (and then San Diego area), we were recommended a place to stay right on the beach. However, the only available dates left were right after Christmas through the beginning of the year, SO... I think that will be a lot of fun! I have heard really great things about the SD area. Very beautiful, lots to do, and lovely temps that time of year. I mean, I don't think we'll be beaching it every day, but mid-60s and sunshine will be a welcome break to what we'll be used to come December!

I'm also excited about other fun activities coming up in October / November, but I'll hopefully blog about those after they happen with some pictures. I don't want to spoil all the fun yet!

How About Some Pictures?
Onto the visual part of the post... I'll commentate as I share...




The Knepps took a little weekend getaway vacation to see the Creation Museum / Ark Encounter in July. We started the weekend off Friday night with a Cincinnati Vs. AZ Diamond Backs game!

 

The Gerber kids taking in the field

Delicious swirl cone with sprinkles! If I remember correctly, this tasted really good! And Noel gave it bunny ears ;)

Noel and Grandma taking in the sights at The Creation Museum
  

One of the many artistic scenes at the CM

Outside the Creation Museum with the girls  
 

Ryan and his dad checking out the animals

A bumble bee that landed on one of the flowers

Gerber kids in front of the pop of color!

Ryan hiding in the jungle ;)
  

We got to help Noel celebrate her birthday!
 

The outfit we got her... it reminded me of her the second I saw it... bright colors and glitter!

Snuggling with Molly and Noel

The Knepp clan outside of the Ark Encounter-- this is our silly shot :)
 

It is so wide, it almost didn't even fit into the frame of my wide-angle camera from this distance!
   

Perspective

One of the indoor scenes at the Ark Encounter. Everything was so well done.
  

Back in Central IL during one of my photo shoot days... enjoying some catch-up time with the girls at a park!


Aunt Connie and Uncle Joe (my Arizonian aunt & uncle) were here for a visit... while I was in Central IL, I got to dine with them one evening outdoors at One World.
 

One of our newly discovered favorites, the Marigold Kitchen! Delicious brunch downtown!!
  

 Right outside our back deck... we planted a bunch of colorful dahlias, and they literally exploded during late summer!

Ryan bought me an Eevee to commemorate the fun we had binge-playing Pokemon Go for exactly 2 weeks until it lost its luster.

Taste of Madison! It was packed, but I'm so glad we went. We got to sample lots of great food!

August 12th marked the day we were engaged one year ago... a special memory!

Labor Day fun... Rail Barron with some friends!

Ryan and I love games. This is one of our newest called Castles of Burgundy. It was overwhelming to learn, but quickly became one of our favorites.

The pumpkin mugs and mums are out... It's officially Fall.
       
A sad, sad day! The day I said good-bye to my VW Beetle, which served me 6 great years. I said good-bye to more than just a car, it was a dream of mine my whole life, and it represented the miles I drove in it with family and friends. It heard many conversations, rants, tears, love, laughter, fun, and music. I haven't told anyone this yet, but if you look closely at this picture you might notice my eyes look like they're brimming with tears... that's because they were. While this marked the ending of an era it also paves way for the beginning of a new one... the one in which Ryan and I make lots of memories together with our newest wheels. Can't wait to see what the years ahead bring!

And here are the new wheels! A 2017 Hyndai Tucson in ruby red. We really like it. It is, of course, the most tech-savvy car on the market ;) and a very smooth, buttery ride. We've already made a couple road trips in it and I picture many more to come.
 
Back in Central IL again. Celebrating these two sweet little girls and their birthdays! Happy Birthday Tillie Sue and Sylvia Ann!
   

Ryan, setting up Kubb in the backyard...

The guys' first time playing-- they loved it :)

Everyone blowing out their candles-- sorry to crop you out of the pic, Dad-- but we celebrated him, as well :)


And it's P Fest time! I can't believe it! I came down to Central IL a couple days early for some photo shoots and to have some fun at the festival till Ryan could join us. Started my trip off having lunch with my mom and sisters. 

Festival time. Scrambler!

My mom and dad at the festival

Buds


Are you a cookie person or a pumpkin pie person? 


The magic of the P Fest... 


Dad and his girls! 


I love this pic!

Parade day. Midwest Food Bank helpers! My dad drove the van and these kids willingly threw out loads of candy!

TRYAN186 - P Fest #2 :)

Finally got our pumpkin ice cream on Saturday afternoon!
 

Watched Noah play football at Limestone... they won!! Go #81!

Skyping with our new little niece, Mirielle and Gretchen all the way in India! She's such a sweetie!


Back the next weekend for some time with the Knepp family. This included the annual Fall cookout and campfire pies-- something new to me. They are absolutely delicious! Pizza ingredients inside of buttered bread and toasted till melted... I could eat this every night. 

We met Ryan's uncle and his kids' families... such a lovely evening to spend together, getting to know one another!

Gifts that Ryan's mom brought back for us from her 1 month trip to India to visit Gretchen, Joel and the baby... some dellicious cinnamon and cookies.

Ryan and his Uncle Wayne enjoying a delicious authentic dinner!

Hanging outside by the lake and trying to spot some hummingbirds :)

We were treated to a night of great food and music!

Back in Mad City. It's a sun-shiney day that requires shades and open windows!


Last week was my first trip to the Trader Joe's in Madison... and my first real trip there as an adult. Why didn't anyone tell me how magical this place is? I may now need to go every week.



Iced nitro coffee and lemon scones-- just a glimpse of some of the delectable things I eat on afternoons when I need to be productive, but working from home just isn't doing it. Somehow the caffeine and kick of sugar and change of scenery seems to help!


I'm not making any promises this time of when I will be back... because that never seems to work! So instead, I'll wish you a great day, week, and hope to see you soon!

T


You Might Also Like

0 comments