update: { post. }

3:34 PM

Shooting This Weekend:

{ 1 wedding. } BEAUTIFUL weather. Shot the bride & groom today, as well as the bridal party and family (with a camera) in downtown Peoria. What a lovely day! Blue skies, 40-degree sunshine, and lots of smiles and laughter. I love my job!

Neck Status:
{ In pain. } This morning, as I was putting my jeans on, I was jumping up and down to get them on (a sure sign that they are getting too small!) and as I was doing so, I twisted my neck wrong and I drastically caused it to go out of whack. I have only done this one other time in my life, and I was arm wrestling my male cousin in Mexico who is twice my size at the time. The next morning, I woke up unable to move my neck. Recalling that memory ensued fear, because I knew I'd be taking pictures all afternoon. Carrying around a camera bag, step stool, and strapping a heavy camera around my neck was not going to be the best way to treat my injury.

Fortunately, I got into a chiropractor within the next hour, and he fixed me up... put me in better shape than I would have been, anyway. He did tell me, "I've been doing this for 32 years, and you're the first person to come in here who hurt her neck by putting on her jeans."

Story of my life.

However, after taking pictures all day long, my neck is starting to ache... 3 more Advil, coming up.

Dinner Party:
{ tonight. } In 45 minutes, actually. I plan on taking chocolate brownies frosted with a peanut butter + cream cheese spread, a treat I have been dying to try. We are finishing off our meal with a viewing of The Lion King. Hey, Disney movies aren't only for children.

Domniq, Sophia, & Beau:
{ loud. } These are my nieces and nephews, ages 9, 7, and 3. They are staying with us this week as their parents (my sister and brother-in-law) are in Florida. They are sweet kids and relatively well-behaved most of the time, but they do come with LOUD voices and a lot of screaming.

The other night, my mom had about had it after a bout of screaming, and she said, "Everyone, quiet! I'm about ready to have a nervous breakdown."

Sophia frowned and looked up at my mom.

"Grandma, what's a nervous breakdown?"

My mom laughed. "You don't want to know."

=) We love them. Dom officially beat me in every single game possible on the Wii last night. Sophia never tires of asking me 100+ questions a day. And I've never met anyone quite like Beau, he's a funny kid... and a lot of fun.

Love:
{ you all! }

T

You Might Also Like

0 comments